Sunday, May 24, 2009

Burg Hohenzollern

We spent today visiting Burg Hohenzollern in the Swabian Alps, approximately 40 minutes from our house! We had no idea how close it was! Burg Hohenzollern sits atop of Mount Hohehzollern at 855 meters above sea level. The castle was home to the Hohenzollern family that ruled Prussia and Brandenburg until the end of World War I. The castle that we visited today was actually the third castle that was re-built at this location. It was constructed by King Wilhelm IV at about 1850.



Beckett practicing his walking skills around the castle. Someday I hope he looks at these pictures with some appreciation for where he was born.

Still walking.....

A view of the courtyard from where we ate a little snack.


The big kids checking out the cannon. Jordan thought this was particularly exciting. Ava was more concerned with the Queen's Room that we visited on the inside. (Sorry no pictures, cameras were not allowed on the inside.) Brady was waiting for the knights to come alive.


I love these pictures of the kids walking... look how big Jordan is getting!!!!

It was quite a climb to the top... hot and my hair was showing it!



At the entrance to the Castle grounds.





1 comment:

AWOL Mommy said...

your hair is showing cute bangs, that is what it is showing! Keep making mothering four children look glamorous friend. I need inspiration, our new one is a boy, help!