No family photos to post, no exciting news about the kids, just a post about myself. I started running a few months ago and after the first week of recovery pain and telling myself how much I did not like running.... I surprised myself and started to enjoy it. I've always been an elliptical machine person, walking person, or I've always gotten a decent workout swimming laps. Sometime between having Beckett, moving to Germany and moving within Germany... I think I hit my most UN-fit stage of my life. No, I wasn't fat, just no where near as healthy as I have been in the past.
Truly a dilemma that we (meaning Mother's) all face. Kids to chase after, laundry that piles up, errands to run.... and the list goes on. For me, I have always hated to sacrifice our precious family time for gym time. So, I figured out a way to work it all into my new schedule.
I drag the kids to the gym, they color or read books on the floor of a glassed in area, all while I get the wiggle out of my jiggle on the treadmill. While I would rather run outside, I also refuse to get out of bed prior to Charlie leaving the house at 5:30 am for me to run or trying to run after 7 or 8 pm when he finally comes home for the evening.
Yesterday, I took my new running self to a whole new level! I ran 8 MILES! I sort of thought that I would be running about 6 and Charlie tried to warn me that he thought it was farther. I made a gigantic loop through 2 other cute villages and then back to our house. It was amazing and I didn't feel like tossing my cookies afterwards! I am a little sore today, but it was so worth it. I am planning to run in a 10k in October, so I will definitely be ready.
Did I mention that I have a road bike that I have been riding, too? Between the running and biking, my new bucket list includes a triathlon in my future and a half marathon. SUPER EXCITING!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment