Monday, November 30, 2009

Chateau Monfreville

Our Normandy cottage was fantastic. So fantastic that I think I want to move to France. By far the best and most relaxing vacation that we have ever had. Our hosts at the Chateau, the McKinley's were amazing. Their children kept our kids company, the farm animals kept them entertained, and life was relaxing for one whole week. We took in all of the D-Day sights and visited Mont St. Michel. I will blog about that in a future post.


This is the Chateau that the owners live in. They will cook for you as well. We ate dinner with them one evening after we fed all of our kids and their kids. I loved this picture with the fall leaves on the apple trees lining the driveway.


The side of the Chateau. The pond is a naturally filtered swimming pool. Brady is the only one that tested it out. He accidently stepped into the reeds without realizing that it was not grass and very DEEP.



Bert the donkey was a highlight for the kids. Every morning we could hear Bert calling for his breakfast. Our kids spoiled him.




This is where we actually stayed. 20 years ago it was a rickety old barn. Now it is two cottages. Ours was huge and cozy.






1 comment:

brenda said...

Send me the link to this fabulous spot...I want to go too!