It is hard to believe that we are already mid-way through September. The leaves are changing and are falling quickly up here in the great state of Alaska. By my estimations... we have approximately 3 weeks before we are freezing our patooties off and shoveling snow. Aside from the shoveling part, we are ready. Every kid has boots, ski pants, warm jackets, gloves, hats, face masks, and mittens.
Jordan and Ava are adjusting well to their new school schedule. Brady has started preschool/speech and we are falling into a nice routine. I've become Queen of the Copying room at the elementary school. I need to bring my camera, but Beckett has taken more than one nap on the floor with the copier buzzing in the background. He sleeps through anything when he is tired enough. I copy, cut, paste, and laminate for Jordan and Ava's teachers during Brady's speech sessions at their school.
I am still running our FRG (Family Readiness Group) for Charlie's company and I am counting down the days until it's over. He comes out of command in December so only a few more months!!! While I generally enjoy helping people/new Army spouses out... it's exhausting and sometimes I feel like it has taken over my life. Last month, I logged 65 hours of time toward it! Between fundraisers, sending out emails, going to meetings, etc., the time adds up fast.
More detailed posts coming soon... but I have a much-needed date with a wonderful man tonight that I need to get ready for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment