Sunday, February 1, 2009

Switzerland

We spent our weekend in Lucerne, Switzerland and had a fantastic time. I was fortunate enough to find a hotel that would accomodate our larger family in one room that was just outside of Lucerne and situated on the lake. The only bummer was that we couldn't really see the views of the Alps because it was snowing and overcast, so I am hoping to make it back to Lucerne someday when it is a bit nicer outside. On our way home from Lucerne, we stopped at the Rhein Falls. The Rhein Falls is the largest waterfall in Europe and although it isn't the Niagera Falls it is still beautiful.

Here ar our pictures:



My favorite picture of the kids at the Rhein Falls. They enjoyed playing in a little bit of snow that fell.

Charlie and the kids in front of the falls.

Markplatz area of Lucerne. So pretty!



The Chapel Bridge in Lucerne. This is an old foot bridge that was originally built in 1333, but burned down in 1993 and was later rebuilt. The stone water tower in the center of the bridge is believed to have been a lucerna (or lighthouse) giving Lucerne its name. Now the stone water tower serves partially as a souvenir shop for Lucerne.





3 comments:

Jen said...

That looks amazing! I have a new place to add to my list of places to go before we move again. I am glad you had such a great time!

The Weyhrauch's said...

Cool...I need a vacation b4 I implode. Call me, silly! And, check out my new blog entry;)

AWOL Mommy said...

Great Traveling Baileys. I am tracking you. I am going to turn into a creepy cyber-stalker if you don't send me your phone number.