The workers at the greenhouse assured me that I could transfer them to the ground, but we still came home and double-checked on the internet. Sometimes I am not convinced that the Germans understand what I am asking them and I get a little nervous. Anyways, the handy internet said that I could plant them and that they should be fine as long as it is not a drastic temperature change for them. Our walkway looks so nice!!! I keep peeking out the windows to view them and check that they are not wilting as the temperature drops into the evening. So far, so good!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Preparing for Spring/Easter
Today I took the kids to a local greenhouse and we bought some osterglocken flowers. We call them daffodils, they call them osterglocken ( Easter flowers/bulbs). Anyways, because we didn't live here last fall to plant bulbs, I decided to buy the bulbs that are already grown and with daffodils blooming. I really have no experience with bulbed flowers, but I bought them anyways and figured it would be a fun project for the kids. Last spring, Germany was so beautiful because it seems like every where you go, there ar tulips blooming and gazillions of them.
The workers at the greenhouse assured me that I could transfer them to the ground, but we still came home and double-checked on the internet. Sometimes I am not convinced that the Germans understand what I am asking them and I get a little nervous. Anyways, the handy internet said that I could plant them and that they should be fine as long as it is not a drastic temperature change for them. Our walkway looks so nice!!! I keep peeking out the windows to view them and check that they are not wilting as the temperature drops into the evening. So far, so good!

The workers at the greenhouse assured me that I could transfer them to the ground, but we still came home and double-checked on the internet. Sometimes I am not convinced that the Germans understand what I am asking them and I get a little nervous. Anyways, the handy internet said that I could plant them and that they should be fine as long as it is not a drastic temperature change for them. Our walkway looks so nice!!! I keep peeking out the windows to view them and check that they are not wilting as the temperature drops into the evening. So far, so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jen,
They are beautiful!! Thank you for bringing Spring to mind. It almost felt like Spring here yesterday. Actually had some sunshine. Oh yes, Spencer is still sitting tight for now. Nonnie should be here in 6 hours.
Jen
Love the pics - are they with your new camera? It really takes wonderful pictures. But it doesn't hurt your kids are so photogenic!!!
Post a Comment