
We have been blessed to live in a community with a large number of home schooling families. I joined the group last Spring when I first decided that we would give home schooling a shot. I don't know all of the families because there is over 100 families in the group, but I have had the chance to personally get to know many of them. Last spring, many of the families invited us into their homes to peak inside their teaching styles and ask questions. What a blessing!
Each family has a unique reason for home schooling and a unique approach. Each month a Monthly Mom's Meeting is held in a member's home and there have been so many Mom's that have been such an inspiration to me in one way or another. It has been comforting to know that these ladies don't hold super-human powers that I don't possess.
The group has a fantastic website for members and they hold all different sorts of events. Monthly Birthday Bowling, Spelling Bees, Science Fairs, Concerts, Field Trips, and teaching co-ops... all run by volunteers in the group.
Last weekend we attended the SAHS Fall Kick-Off Party. I volunteered to organized ice cream sundaes for all of the people in attendance (see photo above). Each family volunteered to bring something and then everyone got in a line and made sundaes. Our kids had a blast playing on the playground with all of the children and I had fun meeting more families. While we were there, we discovered that there are a total of 5 families that home school in our village. One lady took it upon herself to organize everyone into Stuttgart regions and handed out name tags with our residence listed on the tag. Next week all 5 families in Waldenbuch are meeting for a play date and coffee (for the Mom's ).


No comments:
Post a Comment