Monday, August 15, 2011

Santa Claus Half Marathon

I did it! At some point in the last four months, I decided it would be a good idea to run a half marathon this year. It has taken me a week to appreciate having done it, (yes, I felt like I was ninety for two days afterwards!) so here are the "home stretch" photos from my fan club. The course was nice... 12 miles of big gravel and about a mile of pavement. At one point I found my mind wandering and wishing that a big, Alaska bear or wolf that roams the area would have mauled me (somewhere around mile 11)!!!!

I survived it and I owe most of my success to my kids. Had they not been willing to ride their bikes for many 6-10 mile rides while I ran, I would not have been able to do this. Yes they sometimes whined and sometimes they convinced me to stop and pick berries! But they are awesome and if I were any where near fast enough to receive a medal, I would have given it to them! I finished in 2 hours and 17 minutes. I am satisfied that I ran a race with the word "marathon" in the title and until I lose my mind again, I have no plans to do another.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: