Ava Madeleine Bailey
January 6, 2004 8lbs 7 oz and 21 inches
January 6, 2009 44lbs and 45 inches
Ava is 5 today! I can hardly believe that it has been five years since we brought our baby girl into the world! Five years ago that her Daddy first called her "PRINCESS" for the first time! And a princess you are! You were born at Fort Wainwright, Alaska and it was COLD! If I remember correctly... it was about 42 below zero on the 7th of January when we brought you home from the hospital. You have grown by 35 pounds and 24 inches!
Looking back..... in 5 years you have lived in 6 completely different places, you have become a big sister twice, you've taught yourself how to ride a bike and tie your shoes, you've proved to Mommy and Daddy that no matter how many brothers you have you can hold your own while wearing a princess dress, tiara, and dress-up shoes that you can barely walk in, and lastly... you have brought us a lot of joy and laughter as we have watched your personality blossom into the fun little girl that you are. I can hardly believe that in 8 months we will be sending you off to Kindergarten and how you remind me of that fact at least a couple of times a week by asking, "Mommy, how many more days until I start Kindergarten?" I am not ready for HALF of my kiddos to be in school. I cried and lost sleep over your brother starting Kindergarten and my Grandma told me that Mothers always cry when their first starts school, but I am not so sure that will be the case for me.
Happy Birthday Sleeping Beauty! I have to say, "Goodnight Sleeping Beauty" to Ava every night at bedtime or she will cry to Daddy when he is kissing her goodnight that I forgot to say it!
Daddy and big brother, Jordan holding Ava during her first week at home!
Ava sleeping on her first day home! We took you back to the doctors when you were 4 weeks old because you hadn't woken up yet! After having Jordan (who never slept and was very colic-y) we were convinced that there was something wrong with you. Daddy would come home from work and clap in your ears and you would sleep through the whole thing!
Getting ready to blow out your 5 candles for your 5th Birthday! We celebrated a little early because Grammy and Grampa were visiting for Christmas.
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!!!! We miss you here in Wiesbaden!
I remember that little princess in the hospital! How time flies....give her many kisses from us and HAppy Birthday!
That made me cry...she is getting so big and she is too precious. I love the picture of you two. I miss you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!! She is so beautiful!!
Post a Comment