We had Beckett's appointment with the ENT today and it went very well. He is getting tubes put in his ears next Wednesday!!! It is happening faster then we had originally anticipated because the doctor is concerned with how much fluid is in his ears. Evidently there can be some fluid or a lot of fluid and he has a lot. And the quicker he does surgery, the less likely Beckett is to need more antibiotics if the bacteria starts growing again. The doctor claims that Beckett is probably hearing like we would hear if we submerged ourselves in water to listen to our everyday noises and conversation. Our doctor is German and seems to be very good. He speaks an adequate amount of English and was great with Beckett, so I am confident that everything will be great.
He talked about taking his adenoids out, but he would like to wait because at Beckett's age... the adenoids can grow back. So hopefully the tubes will fix all of the problems and if he needs his adenoids out then later we will deal with that when the time comes.
They will be putting him under anesthesia, so naturally I am a bit nervous. My sleep will probably suffer because I do my best thinking when I should be sleeping. I actually met with the anesthesiologist today as well and she went over everything with me. The doctor said that the tubes procedure will only take about 10 minutes, but the anesthesiologist said to plan on being there for about 4 hours so that they can monitor him as he wakes up.
I know lots of kids have had this procedure done and it is pretty simple, but I am still nervous and anxious to get it over with. And he's my baby! Please keep Beckett in your prayers until next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm soo happy this is going quickly and hopefully Beckett will be feeling better soon!!! He'll do just fine!!!
i am glad that you have a resolution. he will do great. i will call you tomorrow. poor little man. he is so precious.
I will say extra prayers for him! He'll do great, and hopefully no more infections.
Post a Comment