Monday, February 2, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday and Ballet

Today was a new day! We tried Muffin Tin Monday (thanks Brenda for passing on this wonderful idea) and Ava had her first ballet class. Muffin Tin Monday is basically when you let the kids eat out of muffin tins. I don't know why we didn't start with muffin tins a long time ago instead of the silly kid friendly plates. The muffin tins are perfect portions for kids and nothing fell out of their tins onto the table. Brilliant!


Ava enjoyed her first ballet class. She didn't care for all the stretching and focusing on her arms. When we left she asked her teacher if she would be just twirling on Friday at the next class? Then in the van on the way home she said that next year when her name is Rose, she will be able to twirl like the ballerinas on tv. Ava has this obsession with the name Rose. She thinks that when she turns six we will change her name to Rose. Her baby dolls are all named Rose, she wants a dog named Rose, and best of all.... she can't understand why my friend Amber (she's expecting) doesn't want to name her baby Rose if she has a girl. Her newest idea is that Miss Amber could name her baby Rose but call it something else. GEEZ.... Miss Amber why not????

2 comments:

ABC said...

How about if I have a girl and name her something else, you (Ava) can still call her Rose? Will that work?

The Bailey Clan said...

I have been so out of touch! I am just now reading all these past posts! I love the tin idea, what an awesome thought! I am so glad Beckett went through surgery ok, is he doing ok still? I miss you guys so much! I need to break down and get a phone card, I probably wouldn't know your voice now if you called!